Thursday, April 12, 2012

Lesson 99: I MET LAUREN CONRAD!!!!!! And spent an awesome day in Portland with Mama Mann

What a great day! And boy was it long. I will back track to Wednesday evening to start off. While driving home I decided none of my sloppy sweaters and sweats were worthy attire to meet the fashion goddess Lauren Conrad. Tyler came with me to Kohl's and we bought some new clothes. In fact, Tyler went a little crazy and got me my new summer wardrobe. Afterwards he told me to never say I don't have anything to wear again. He is a great husband... I say that not only because he let me get clothes and helped pick them out but he does not get frustrated and leave when I start stressing out about clothing (trying on a pile of clothes in the store dressing room is my nightmare).

Anyway we survived and I even got a cute new jacket to wear for the big day that is from the LC Lauren Conrad collection.

Wednesday started EARLY! I had to wake up at 2:50AM! And if you remember from my past posts, the dogs think it is breakfast time as soon as they wake up. If they do not get food then it quickly becomes wrestle mania.

My mom and I were on the road to Portland by 4:15AM. We learned the Map quest failed and after completely passing the correct freeway exit we ended up calling the bookstore. Getting lost seemed to be the theme of the day.

We got to the mall  at about 8AM and waited in line for a bracelet that would ensure we got to meet Lauren at 7PM. You had to buy a book to get the bracelet.


Got my book... so what should we do for 8 hours?


Super insanely cute mini Ferris wheel at the mall.
 Once this was taken care of we had just a bit of time to kill... about 8 hours! We walked around the mall for a bit and then headed over to the other mall in Portland. We met my Aunt Aileen for lunch because she works right by the mall. It was great to catch up with her and hang out for a bit.


Lloyd Center Mall.
My mom used to go here when she was growing up and always got caramel corn at this very shop.
So OF COURSE we had to pick some up :)
 The next stop was the famous Voodoo Doughnut Shop! (we had both learned about the shop from the Food Network). We got lost looking for it... The shop was PACKED! Getting skeptical I opted to scrap the idea but my mom is more diligent then myself and we waited. I am glad we did because the doughnuts are amazing and it is just a pretty cool place.


Voodoo Doughnuts is that place in the background with the huge crowd around it.
We stocked up on chocolate covered jelly filled voodoo doll doughnuts and bacon maple bars. (Their claim to fame)

At this point it was back to the first mall where we saw the movie "Mirror Mirror" (and got just a little lost). It is a cute movie which is saying something considering I initially had no desire to see it. I liked it.

Then came the big moment! Lauren showed up at about 7:20PM and all rules were enforced. Here are a couple of bummer rules you must abide by:

-THE AUTHOR IS NOT ABLE TO PERSONALIZE BOOKS SO THAT SHE CAN MEET AS MANY FANS AS POSSIBLE DURING THE SIGNING

-THE AUTHOR WILL ALLOW PHOTOS, BUT ONLY CANDID PHOTOS FROM THE SIGNING LINE. NO PHOTOS ARE ALLOWED AT THE SIGNING TABLE. ALL CAMERAS MUST BE PUT AWAY BEFORE APPROACHING THE SIGNING TABLE.


Super excited crazy face and my wrist band guaranteeing I am #25 in the line


My mom practiced taking pictures of me while I waited in line so she could be prepared when Lauren came.


I can only smile for so long while my mom gets the camera all set.
 No one was allowed to take pictures from the first floor unless they were standing in line. This was sad because you can't really see Lauren until you get to the table. My mom almost got herself kicked out of the mall trying to help me takes pictures. Rock on mom!!!! :)

Here are the pics she was able to get from the second floor balcony. I really wish I had my dad there with his fancy camera and telescopic zoom. Oh well...




My turn!



No big deal, just chattin it up with Lauren Conrad!
 I will say the experience was still fun. People in line were all polite, the book store was very organized and no one ever rushed people through the line. When you met Lauren you could talk to her as long as you wanted and about whatever you wanted. I never saw anyone pressing people to wrap up the conversation.

I could try to write how my experience with Lauren went but I will let myself do the talking:




Then it was the end of the day. My mom and I shared a voodoo doughnut and made the long trip home. 

Do you ever think, hey you know what this doughnut needs? Bacon!

This one got a little mangled but it should look like a voodoo doll with a pretzel stick stabbed into it.
I am making a scared face. eek...


No comments:

Post a Comment