Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Lesson 30: How to Better a Sweater

Recently I found a fun website http://www.craftstylish.com/. People can post all sorts of different craft and sewing project ideas on their own personal page and then other people can attempt the project and post pics of their creation. Turning an ugly sweater into a dog sweater caught my eye a few weeks back. This past weekend Jenae and I made the rounds at some yard sales and we were able to find this beauty. Jenae, the haggler, talked the owner down from $1 to $0.50. I love the way she talks money with people. "Do you want it or not?" Max humored me and allowed the still human sized sweater to be put on him. This I suppose could be the before picture.

Here is the after picture complete with his popped preppy collar.


The side view of Max as he sits in his favorite spot where he gets to stare out the window.


Work it! Work it!




This was a really fun project. I feel like I am getting better with my sewing machine and all the seams are finished. There were some bumps along the way where I would announce how my low level of intelligence was causing me to continually forget to lower the foot lever before sewing thus causing a rat nest of thread to develop. Tyler would then argue that I am in fact NOT stupid and doing a good job. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment