Thursday, January 3, 2013

Lesson 154: It finally happened

"Whitney, are you pregnant?"

One of our patients asked if I am pregnant today. What I love about working in a small office is being so close with the patients. Of course this also means they are all close with me too. They all knew when I got married, they ask about my new house, my dogs, and now the first one noticed I am looking"thicker". This was her justification for asking if I am pregnant. I am certainly glad that I am!

This is a milestone day because this patient is the first person to have the guts to come out and ask. I am just shy of 19 weeks. I don't know when the typical length of pregnancy is before you start showing more than just looking chubby. And people can feel confident to ask and not just assume.



No comments:

Post a Comment