Thursday, May 10, 2012

Lesson 112: The surprisingly short life and times of the hybrid dress


This morning I finished the hybrid dress. This dress is a combination of the bodice from a full skirted dress and a pencil skirt. I will remind you of my original sketch idea I made to show Tyler:  

I think it turned out pretty good. There is a side invisible zipper and a small slit in the back.
Here is The Surprisingly Short Life and Times of the Hybrid Dress: I finished the dress this morning. Put it on. Drove to work. Got great compliments from co-workers. Stood up to better show my handy work. Sat down and RIIIIIIIP. Even people who have not had this happen directly to them know the heart stopping horror that comes from this noise. It is akin to stepping down on your foot wrong and rolling your ankle. This pinpoint instant where the power to go back in time would be kind of helpful. I had a 5 inch rip up the back of my beautiful new dress only 5 minutes into my work day. Luckily my sister lives nearby and delivered one of her dresses for me to borrow.

When I was able to change into a new dress and inspect the damage I found that it was not the seam that busted, but in fact the actual fabric had torn! This may make my booty sound... voluptuous, but the point is that it was not me sewing skills that did the dress in!

That made me feel better for a bit. I am not sure how to repair the tear...

 I really love the lower picture of Max. He just has the skill of timing when it comes to goofy photos.

Last weekend I did yard work in the gorgeous Saturday sun and Ruby discovered she loves to dig in the dirt. You can kind of see her dirt smudged pug mug. This was taken about 5 minutes before bath time.
 Max enjoyed the sun too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment