Saturday, October 8, 2011

Lesson 44: How to spend your Saturday

Yesterday (Friday), I had the day off but Tyler had to go into work for a few hours so I drove him up to work and hung out around the shopping center. After about 2 1/2 hours at the mall I decided to head over to JoAnn Fabrics to waste some more time. I was not expecting to buy anything there. Then I saw this pattern for a dinosaur dog costume. Everyone there must have been getting their costumes ready for Halloween because I had to wait in line for half an hour to get my fabric cut. The total cost for all the supplies and the pattern was only $9 which is awesome because that is cheaper than buying a dog costume...


Sewing is a lot of fun. I am glad I bought my Brother sewing machine. At one point though I had to wake up Tyler to get his help. It is great being married to a drafter because his entire job is being able to interpret drawings and instructions and he does it REALLY well at it. He helped me (while half awake) determine the proper direction to sew on the sleeve cuffs since the written instructions were not very clear.
Max makes a great dinosaur RARRRRR!



Also this weekend was the annual Opfar family trip to Maris Farms. Tyler's entire family was there. It was cool that everyone could fit it into their schedules.


We started out our fun day with trying to lasso stationary cattle.


I think Tyler eventually gave up and just lassoed Karleene his sister-in-law.


I wasn't much better, but just look at that focus.

Tyler's dad turned on Reggie and was able to create the comedic highlight of the trip.

Tether ball was next to by dominated by our family... James beat Karleene (his wife), Reggie beat James, Tyler beat Reggie and then Loni beat Tyler. So I guess that would make Loni the tether ball champion.

Loni and Stella getting ready to go down this cool PVC pipe slide.

There is also a random tube to clime through which most of the family took a crack at. Tyler was giving Ellis a little shake to liven up the tube fun.

Ellis at the end of the tube.

Kristy looking great and munchkin Stella on the pony rides.

Everyone had some lunch. Tyler ate an enormous ear of corn. :) He was making so many funny faces while I was trying to take a picture but the camera took forever to load, so I got just a cute pic.

And that was our fun Saturday. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment