Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lesson 6: Forget The Hand That Feeds You, Don't Bite the Wall!

Recently Max discovered the wall... in all its deliciousness. I came home on my lunch break to find a trail of white paper-looking bits scattered across the floor. Usually this means he has turned his pee pad into a confetti confection for himself. Noticing his unsoiled pee pad was still intact I proceeded to peek around the corner to find a guilty pup sitting casually next to his masterpiece. Max had munched a hole in the wall. Oh Max, bad, bad... I read a puppy training book that said it is pointless to reprimand after the fact since the puppy has no idea why you are upset with him. It certainly made me feel better.

A quick clean up of the mess, a call to Tyler to let him know what his dog had done and a dog-walk later I sat on the couch to relax for a bit. Crunch, snuff, rip, munch... what the??? I jumped up and ran over to find Max chewing on the wall again in the same spot. He was openly defying me! Now it was war.

Max spent the rest of my work day in the dog crate of disappointment.

Tyler has a theory that Max found a mouse in the wall and was trying to get to it.

"We should tell management that we have mice," Tyler suggested.

"Oh, yes, we will just tell them our dog chewed up a corner of the wall which tipped us off to the mouse infestation."

My counter theory was that Max was not getting enough exercise and he was bored, which leads us into this morning. Today was day one of Max and my death (to puppy boredom) march. It also was benefitting me. I have been Debbie Downer lame-wad Magoo lately about eating unhealthy and not getting any activity. I took a book and we walked and walked. Two poops, two pees (by Max)and a worn out puppy later we have successfully, and quite literally, pooped out the pup.
















No comments:

Post a Comment