Friday, January 31, 2014

Lesson 222: Fill up on the good stuff

I have been on a mission lately to make sure what I watch and listen to is good and uplifting. On the drive to and from work I play the Mormon Channel radio station on my phone. Since I have music playing all day while I am at work I enjoy getting to listen to something other than music. It has a ton of great stories, interesting talks and historical information. I especially love the short commercial breaks with their "Family, isn't it about time?" dialogues. 

While Ted and I eat breakfast I like to put on the Mormon messages videos. It is a nice way to start the day. I have to be careful though because some of those videos are real tear jerkers, and in the morning I am a lot more tired and emotional hahaha. 

Since I started this I have noticed it gets easier to remember to do other things. I remember to say my prayers and read my scriptures a little more often than before. 

It reminded me of a conversation I had with my friend Jenae a while ago. I was lamenting how hard it is to diet and eat healthy with all this junk food around the house. Jenae suggested that when she wants to eat healthy instead of just throwing out all the stuff in her house she instead stocks up on healthy food. That way you have more opportunity to reach for the good stuff. 

By filling up on "healthy" media my mind is more inclined to only want more healthy things in it. And instead of using my time to stress about all the bad media out there. I can spend my time seeking out good things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment