Thursday, February 16, 2012

Lesson 73: The Best "Most Embarassing Moment" Ever



Jenae reminded me of my most embarrassing moment today and I realized that I have never documented it anywhere...

Last April (2011) I flew down to Utah to visit my friends and have an awesome double bachelorette party for me and Liz who was also engaged. It was a lot of fun and of course I got the typical bachelorette gifts (ie lingerie, naughty book and edible body chocolate).

As I went threw security at the airport for the flight home a worker asked me if the bag they pulled off the conveyor belt was mine. I acknowledged it was and I was asked to step to the side so they could search my bag. At first I thought nothing of this... but then it dawned on me that all my newly acquired newlywed stuff was tucked in there. Not only that but there was also my mini dolphin pillow pet that I had packed to use as a travel pillow (he is going to think I am a freak). My eyes began to burn and I could feel the panic tears forming. The worker saw my tears and probably thought I looked about as guilty as I could get. He tried to console me by saying it would be alright. At this I felt it probably necessary to mention to him that I was flying home from my bachelorette party....(hint, hint)

The worker then proceeded to search the bag and asked me if I had any liquids in there.... No, I said.... He then said the scanners found some sort of jar... He kept searching and once again a wave of embarrassment hit...

The EDIBLE BODY BUTTER! The worker found the jar, held it up, and sure enough it was liquid and it was more than 3oz, therefore not ok for carry-on (dang you terrorists!). He asked if I had someone on the other side of security I could give it to. I had been dropped off so I just told him to take it.

Grabbing my bag for another pass through security the worker walked off and I sat down to hide my face in utter humiliation. A random man even came over to make sure I was ok.

I wonder what the worker thought when he saw a pillow pet, a TON of lingerie, naughty stuff and the infamous body butter.

Although for some people this may not be the epitome of horrifying, I might add that I was also a fairly sheltered Mormon girl and to have a complete stranger go through my very sexed up stuff in a very public setting was mortifying.

It gave me a great story to tell :)

After that I went and bought myself an overpriced book at one of the airport stores; there is nothing like being embarrassed to justify spending money.

No comments:

Post a Comment