Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Lesson 50: Necessity is the Mother of Home Made Dog Toys

Poor Maxi is too tough for his own good. He destroys his toys within days and as he gets older he becomes more efficient with his destruction. We are down to a few tennis balls (which require a friend to play with), a rawhide bone (which we are weaning him off of for a bit) and his rubber Kongs (which are only entertaining until the treats inside are all gone). His true love it stuffed animals. Not wanting to leave our loney pup home with nothing to entertain him I came up with this little beauty. It is an empty water bottle inside a little fleece package... with ears :) I will be honest that the concept is not my idea. Tyler and I saw water bottle toys at the store and I figured I could just make something like that instead of paying $15. We had left over fleece from a blanket Tyler made.

Max was whining the entire time I was sewing. He knew this was a special treat for him.

The cracking noise in the video is the water bottle.


No comments:

Post a Comment