Monday, April 15, 2013

Lesson 167: How to deal with pain

Tyler and I have been taking a birthing class and last week was a lot about techniques to deal with PAIN. Each lady was given a zip-lock bag of ice to hold in her hand to simulate contraction pain. While holding the ice we tried different techniques to distract from the pain. We did things like slow breathing, looking at a picture, getting a massage, walking around, and smelling lavender (which I hate, so it had kind of an opposite effect on me).

My FAVORITE was looking at a picture. Tyler pulled out his phone and Googled "pugs in the sun" and this picture came up.


I could not stop laughing the entire time. I was probably distracting the other ladies in the room from focusing on their own photos but I certainly was not thinking about the pain.

2 comments:

  1. that is awesome. I didn't have any labor with Sidney, and then only labored to a 3 (after literally 8 hours of contractions) with Michaela. Garrett was off getting Sidney situated, so it was just me and Harry Potter, which did not distract me at all. I guess I should have tried googling things like 'pugs in the sun'. seriously great.

    ReplyDelete