Monday, February 4, 2013

Lesson 156: The OTHER embarrassing pregnancy assumption

We all know the cliche experience where a person mistakenly assumes someone is pregnant and they are in fact not. I don't believe there is a way to look someone in the eye after you think their belly pudge is a growing fetus and not the remnants of a particularly hearty Superbowl celebration.

This past weekend I discovered the opposite assumption can be just as troubling. This is when someone does not think you look pregnant and CLEARLY you have a belly building. When someone tells me they can't tell that I am pregnant at this point I instantly think, "you think I look like this ALL the time? My belly sticks out and I have gained as much weight as one Maximus chiweenie."

And he is not a tiny dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment